Purchasing a headstone for a loved one who has recently passed may be a challenging task particularly given the nature of the sort of purchase and the lack of experience one may have. Where does one go to find more information about buying a headstone and designing a single? Well look no farther because herein lies the answers to these and more questions.
What Will the Cemetery Allow?
STOP! Before reading anything else, at least read this part prior to buying a headstone. You do not need to get stuck using a headstone the cemetery will not accept since the right procedures were not followed.
Cemeteries normally govern the type of headstones or monuments allowed within their cemetery with a set of regulations and rules. It’s within these rules that a volcano will stipulate the particulars of the gravestone such as:
- Type of grave headstone permitted – vertical headstone, flat tomb markers, bronze grave markers, congenital markers, etc..
- The size of this headstone – usually accompanied by the maximum and minimum sizes allowed
- Headstone colour – granite colors enabled, bronze marker coloring
- Vase option – whether or not a vase is allowed and what Sort of materials are needed
- Additionally, the cemetery may call for a document to be filed such as a ‘Memorialization Authorization’ form in which the lot owner authorizes the placement of a memorial headstone on the grave space. When you know what the cemetery will make it possible for you’re prepared to go to shopping around.
Types of Cemetery Headstones Available
There are a number of styles of Headstones Los Angeles readily available, but they generally fall to 4 major groups. Within these classes are several unique fashions of grave headstones.
- Upright headstones – This kind of headstone consists of a vertical monument pill which rests on a base normally made from granite.
- Slant mark – Shaped like a wedge with the narrow border pointing upward, these markers can be purchased with or with a granite base that sets the mark.
- Flat tomb markers – Usually made from marble or granite these place flush with the floor and are an economical option because of their small size.
- Flat bronze grave markers – Consisting of a bronze plaque mounted to a granite base (in most cases), bronze grave markers are demanded by lots of the modern memorial park cemeteries in the nation.
Finding the Best Headstone Prices:
When shopping around to find the best price on a cemetery headstone be sure to have the exact particulars for the headstone you need to by so that you can compare apples with apples. You will want to have:
- The dimensions of this headstone and All its elements
- The granite colour, illustration colours: Sunset Red, Dakota Mahogany, Georgia Gray, Barre Gray, etc..
- The end of the headstone, example finish conditions: Polish two, polish 5, 5, all steeled, equilibrium rock pitch, penciled edges, etc..
- The layout and exact lettering, if possible have a drawing of the design and design you want for the headstone
- Any other particular items such as vases, a statue or a ceramic image
- Having these specific details will enable you to correctly compare costs between different companies.
Here are some tips to consider when seeking the very best price:
- Cemeteries typically have the highest prices for grave headstones
- Monument dealers usually have the best choice and widest variety of offerings
- Internet retailers generally have the Best Deals for headstones
- Personalizing the Memorial Headstone
Once you have found the ideal dealer and type of headstone to buy, today comes the job of minding it together with your loved one’s information. Aside from the individual’s name and life dates you may want to consider the following:
- Headstone layouts and art
- An epitaph for your headstone
- Emblems or symbols which will highlight the headstone style
- Adding a ceramic portrait in the likeness of your loved one
Some cemeteries allow accessories to be inserted into a headstone such as a ceramic picture or the accession of a flower vase. If the grave headstone is at a veteran’s section the cemetery may permit a flag holder which will accommodate a small American flag. Still some may accept a bronze, marble or granite statue to accent the headstone.
In closing, be sure that you do your homework and do not rush to receive a cemetery headstone set up just for the sake of marking the grave. You may take your time and educate yourself so when it is time to shopping around you’ll have a good chance in getting the very best deal on your purchase.